Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Think and Grow Rich


In my journey to financial freedom, I have read many books of inspirational stories, motivation, personal finance guide and everything that will help me to achieve my dream.


But..


Nothing can match this special book :

I bump into this book while at the MPH, Alamanda. I have read the soft copy (e-book) version but reading the hard copy (the real book) is much more fun!

The book shows me what I have to have in myself and my brain to makes me able to reach my dream. It definitely change the way I think of life and people around me.

There are 13 steps towards riches (I likely more to say dream than riches! =))

1. Desire
2. Faith
3. Autosuggestion
4. Specialized knowledge
5. Imagination
6. Organized planning
7. Decision
8. Persistence
9. Power of the mastermind
10. The mystery of sex transmutation
11. The subconscious mind
12 The brain
13. The sixth sense


This is a classic book. Age 65 years old, many have read the book and become inspired by the stories. One of them is Irfan Khairi. And it still relevant in this modern world. I took my time to read each pages so that I wont miss anything.

And..

It is not just for people who wanted to be rich. It is for the people who have a big dream but do knot know how to start and how to be strong in a negative environment which will stop you from stepping towards your dreams.

I would like to have my sis as an example. She is a bright student, entering one of the most prestigious school in Malaysia. First when she enter the boarding school, my father disagree because she did not given any choice but to be in art stream. She have to learned accounting, business-type-of-studies for her SPM.

When I asked her, she wanted to stay because she love accounting so much since she was 14 years old. My father have a different vision. He want her to take science stream so she can be a doctor one day. She is bright and I have no doubt she can be a good doctor one day.

But I encourage her to do what she WANT, what she LIKES because I always believe in 'passion will drive you better'.
Now she is the second best student out of 4 classes in the school. I know she will be doing well and be a good accountant one day (even though I hasut her to be a lawyer instead! ngeh3.)


The key word is..

DESIRE. BURNING DESIRE.

The word desire is fully define in the first chapter. It started with a story of Edwin C.Barnes who really wanted to be Thomas Edison's business partner. (Kill yourself if you didn't know who is Thomas Edison!).
Barnes said :
"There is but ONE thing in this world that I am determined to have, and that is a business association with Thomas A. Edison. I WILL BURN ALL BRIDGES BEHIND ME, AND STAKE MY ENTIRE FUTURE ON MY ABILITY TO GET WHAT I WANT".

So, if you wanted to be a doctor, don't care what others said. If you want to be an accountant, don't care what others said.

Back to the wonderful book, Think and Grow Rich, maybe you will ask me what is the price of this book?

It is only RM 29.90. That is the amount you have to invest. Comparing to the impact it gives me, the value of RM 29.90 is so cheap!

Invest in knowledge - that is first.

0 orang telah menjerit:

 
Who links to my website?
Web Pages referring to this page
Link to this page and get a link back!

Great Morning ©  Copyright by Grief . NOT . Hawa . | Template by Blogger Templates | Blog Trick at Blog-HowToTricks